By: Sharon Aron Baron
JP Taravella High School has a new principal after Shawn Cerra was named the new Director of Athletics for Broward Schools last spring.
Dr. Jason Nault, who started on Tuesday, made his way to South Florida from Chicago, Illinois. Originally from Wisconsin, he grew up in a town so small, it was one-third the size of Taravella High School.
“I’m very excited to join Broward County Public Schools and begin my journey as the principal of JP Taravella High School,” said Nault. “I welcome the opportunity to continue the longstanding “Tradition of Excellence” that our school community has developed over the past 35 years.”
Nault has spent the past 11 years with Chicago Public Schools in a variety of roles: Over five years have been as a school principal, three years as an assistant principal, two years as a dean of students and five years as a teacher.
“I have a strong commitment to urban students and understand the challenges that come with preparing 21st century youth for both college and career,” he said.
Having a solid understanding of the challenges that large districts face along with strong leadership is pivotal for long-term school success. He firmly believes in harnessing the power of adults to maximize student outcomes.
“This entails empowering people to utilize their strengths effectively, while also developing their capacity to improve their practice along the way,” said Nault. “I have a proven record of establishing strong working relationships with all stakeholders and look forward to collaborating with the entire school community.”
Nault holds a Bachelor of Science with the University of Wisconsin, a Masters of Education from the University of Illinois and a Doctorate of Education from the University of Illinois.
Nault’s wife will also be working for Broward County Public Schools as a middle school guidance director. They both have a two year-old son, who he said is eager to spend some time at the beach.
“We are excited to be in a climate that will afford us the opportunity to explore different activities year round and are both eager to engross ourselves into the Coral Springs community and surrounding areas.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event