By: Sharon Aron Baron
This year’s three day Our Town America Coral Springs will feature a host of events geared towards family fun. Beginning Friday, March 10, it will feature live entertainment, a food court, amusements, arts and crafts, merchant booths, a classic car show and games.
Our Town America began in the late 70’s at Mullins Park before moving to Sportsplex. The event is also known for its “Miss OurTownAmerica” Beauty Pageant.
Giving back to the community has made the event very meaningful for the community said Board Chairman Ernie Kubasek. “Our Town America has one mission in mind: to provide a quality family event for our tri-county community while providing financial assistance to needy non-profit organizations.”
Running through Sunday, many residents from the nearby cities of Tamarac, Sunrise, Margate and Parkland come for the rides. From the spectacular “Giant Gondola Wheel” to the daring “Gravitron” and the “Kamikaze.” There’s also rides for the younger crowd such as “Dino the Dinosaur”, the “Dizzy Dragon”, and the classic “Merry-Go-Round”.
Entrance to the event is free. All-day wrist bands are $25. Parking is $5. Our Town America is only in Coral Springs for three days:
Friday March 10 5 p.m. – 11 p.m
Saturday March 11 9 a.m – 11 p.m
Sunday March 12 11 a.m – 6 p.m
The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday