By Jill Fox
Calling all mahjong players. Don’t miss an evening of fun while being a champion for cancer research at the first virtual mahjong game night for the Greater Broward Pap Corps.
Previous game nights have sold out, but being that this one is online, that shouldn’t be a problem.
Over 300 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Coconut Creek area make up the Greater Broward Chapter membership. The non-profit organization recently celebrated its tenth anniversary with a virtual event, which raised close to $30,000 for cancer research, despite being online.
Attendees can sign up with their mahjong groups or choose to be matched up with other players for the event on Thursday, November 12, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Registration is a $25 donation, and prizes will be awarded to the top scorers.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, is one of the largest grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 22,000 members dedicated to supporting research for all cancer types.
They have donated more than 110 million dollars to the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami School of Medicine.
Payment, registration, and details can be found at greaterbroward.org.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.26MSD Eagle Regiment Sells Poinsettias To Raise Money for London Trip
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Siblings Create Cookbook To Inspire Kids To Eat Healthy
- News2020.11.23Principal Surprises Teacher with ‘Debate Coach of the Year’ Award
- News2020.11.22NutriFlo IV Lounge and Med Spa Brings IV Vitamin Therapy to Coral Springs