By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland District and the Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department invite residents to come out and meet their hometown police and fire department and help celebrate National Night Out Against Crime on Tuesday, August 2.
This family event will take place at the Parkland Commons Publix shopping plaza at 7805 University Drive from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and will feature giveaways, interaction with law enforcement and fire-rescue personnel, display of Parkland’s public safety equipment, and, above all, safety information provided by Parkland’s first responders.
Celebrated the first Tuesday in August in the United States and Canada, this annual event has been held since 1984 and continues to provide opportunities for residents to interact with the men and women who protect them every day.
Safety is a point of pride for Parkland. According to spokesperson Todd DeAngelis, Parkland is regularly ranked as one of the safest places to live in Florida and the United States. Recently they were ranked first in overall safety, first in mid-size city safety, second in property crime safety, and third in violent crime safety when compared with 200 other cities in Florida based on F.B.I. crime statistics assessed by ValuePenguin. Additionally, NeighborhoodScout ranked Parkland the 13th safest city in the country for 2016.
All residents of Parkland are invited to attend with their families and neighbors to meet their first responders, learn more about safety, and celebrate one of the safest cities in the United States.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts