By: Sharon Aron Baron
A mother and child are lucky to be alive after a pole impaled their minivan after veering off a road on Monday in Coral Springs.
According Captain Rich Antonini with the Coral Springs Fire Department, around 10:00 a.m., a mother was driving westbound on the 8300 block of Atlantic Boulevard with her four year-old child and for an unknown reason, veered off the road hitting the curb. It was at this time when a metal pole impaled the front windshield of the passenger side through the headrest, stopping short in front of the child who was in the back seat in a carseat.
“It’s pretty amazing, the fact that the child was safe after what that pole did,” said Antonini.
He isn’t sure where the pole came from, however, he said it appeared like it was part of a metal fence.
The driver’s name isn’t being released at this time, and the child was bought to the hospital for what appeared to be a bump on the head.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home