By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs boys basketball team pulled off a stunning victory in the Regional Semifinals on a game-winning three-pointer from Kymani Quarrie.
The Colts trailed most of the game, but with it tied, Quarrie pulled up from a distance and hit a buzzer-beater in their 58-55 victory.
“To tell the truth, my mind was clear; I wasn’t really worried about anything, and I let it go with confidence,” Quarrie said. “We worked too hard to go home tonight, and I did what I could to keep this run going.”
Head Coach Devin Barta thought his team emptied the tank and brought a ton of pressure to get the win.
“Being my first year back at Coral Springs, if you were to tell me a year ago we would be hosting the Regional Finals at home with one game to go to states, it would have been a dream,” Barta said.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense