By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs boys basketball team pulled off a stunning victory in the Regional Semifinals on a game-winning three-pointer from Kymani Quarrie.
The Colts trailed most of the game, but with it tied, Quarrie pulled up from a distance and hit a buzzer-beater in their 58-55 victory.
“To tell the truth, my mind was clear; I wasn’t really worried about anything, and I let it go with confidence,” Quarrie said. “We worked too hard to go home tonight, and I did what I could to keep this run going.”
Head Coach Devin Barta thought his team emptied the tank and brought a ton of pressure to get the win.
“Being my first year back at Coral Springs, if you were to tell me a year ago we would be hosting the Regional Finals at home with one game to go to states, it would have been a dream,” Barta said.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland