By: Sharon Aron Baron
Moviegoers will be in for a surprise next time they visit the Regal Magnolia Place Stadium 16 in Coral Springs: upgraded leather recliners that will make watching movies a more comfortable experience.
The theater, located at 9645 Westview Drive is part of Regal Entertainment Group which is the largest theater chain in the U.S. with 7,324 screens and 569 theaters. Last June, they announced that they would be replacing all of the existing theater seats with luxurious new recliners including footrests. Construction finally ended in November, but during the meantime, recliners were on display in the lobby where guests could get a sneak peek of their new coming attraction.
“Regal constantly listens to our guests and looks for ways to improve. With this new concept, these luxurious recliners have scored extremely well. Moviegoers are eager to return for another visit and the opportunity to enjoy Regal’s King Size Recliners,” said Rob Del Moro, chief technical and theater operations officer at Regal Entertainment Group.
Ken Thewes, chief marketing officer at Regal Entertainment Group said, “The spaciousness and comfort help you lose yourself in the story and become more immersed in the movie. This combination of comfort and a pristine presentation make for a remarkable trip to the movies.”
But that’s not all, besides the new seating, which guests can reserve in advance, each auditorium has received a complete makeover including the conversion from celluloid film to digital cinema which replaces cans of the film with a large hard drive of data that is projected via a computer system.
Sharon and Ward Bennett who are 15-year residents of the nearby Wyndham Lakes community enjoyed getting comfortable in the seating before the movie “Joy” began.
“It needed renovations and the renovations have been done beautifully, and I love the comfortable seats. They’re just wonderful,” said Sharon.
She said they come to the theater often for the matinees and used their Regal Card, which occasionally gives them a free movie.
“I’m very happy it was done, I really am,” she said. “I just wish they had these on airplanes.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration