By: Sharon Aron Baron
A six year-old girl who was abducted during an auto theft on Thursday evening was recovered shortly after, however, police are still on the lookout for the man who stole the Black Kia that she was in.
According to Capt. Brad McKeone around 7:15 p.m. Thursday, Delroy Booth, 26, went inside the Sunoco Gas station located at 7801 Sample Road in Coral Springs and left his six year-old stepdaughter in the car along with his key fob inside. According to the surveillance video, thirty seconds later a black male walks around the car briefly, then circles around the convenience store. A couple seconds after that, he gets inside of Booth’s car with the girl inside. When Booth realized what happened, he jumped on the trunk of the car to stop the man, but was unsuccessful.
McKeone, says once the suspect realized he had a child in the car while he made her get out of the car east on Wiles Road
“Fortunately, there was a good Samaritan, a jogger, who was running down the road who saw the child who gave the jogger enough information about what happened and that was when the jogger called the police department and we were able to bring the daughter back to the gas station to meet up with her father.” said McKeone.
The missing car is a 2012 Black Kia Sedona plate number CQQV13. Please contact Coral Springs if you see this vehicle.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’