By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to one concerned resident and the quick actions of the city, a makeshift car repair service operating on the side of the road will no longer be in service – for now.
A resident sent us a video of a man named “Frank” who does business outside of Advance Auto Parts on 300 N University Drive. The resident who said that he goes at least once or twice a month, says Frank is there giving quotes and offering service along a nearby street.
With no proof of a business license or insurance, Frank finds auto work from people at the store and seems to be finding it on a daily basis.
“He told me $80-$90 to replace my front CV Axle and said not to buy it because he gets better prices because he has a business account with Advance Auto,” said the resident.
I contacted Advance Auto manager Manager Chris who said they were not affiliated with Frank. I also asked him if Frank received permission to do auto work on the premises.
“He doesn’t do it on our premises. He does it way out there on the street to the right of us.” He said that the area Frank performs service is a public road.
The roadway is public right-of-way said Deputy City Manager Jennifer Bramley, who added that the parking spaces were on private property. “Regardless, auto repair is not permitted.”
While this isn’t necessarily a scam, Coral Springs Police Captain Bradley McKeone urges residents to use care since there isn’t any recourse if something goes wrong. “If it’s too good to sound true, well, it probably is,” he said.
After speaking with Bramley, she contacted code compliance and within a two hour time frame, the code department witnessed the violation taking place and issued a citation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs