By: Sharon Aron Baron
This month, the Second Annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Day event will be held to raise funds for members of South Florida’s Police Unity Tour Team who will be embarking on a 300-mile bicycle ride throughout the northeast part of the country.
The Police Unity Tour Team South Florida is a group of Law Enforcement Officers who participate in the annual Tour each May which honors fallen law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. The Tour will take the officers from New Jersey through Delaware, Maryland, and into Washington, DC.
Not only do they raise awareness for those officers, their goal is to raise funds for the National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial and Museum. The South Florida Team will also share and highlight some of the many positive acts and incidents involving law enforcement and the community they serve from all across the country.
All supporters of law enforcement are welcome to show their appreciation at Wings Plus on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 from 2 p.m – 9 p.m., where the restaurant, which is traditionally green, will be going blue for the day in support of law enforcement everywhere and will be donating a portion of their proceeds to the local Police Unity Tour Team. Children will enjoy free face painting and balloon animals, and patrons can help support the Tour with a 50/50 raffle. Law enforcement officers with badge identification will receive half price meals all day.
The Police Unity Tour South Florida also welcomes other active and retired, sworn law enforcement officers, in good standing, who serve or have served, in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Martin County, or St. Lucie County.
For additional information, please contact them at 702-527-1290, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Wings Plus is located at 9880 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only