By: Jen Russon
Incoming 9th graders and newcomers to Coral Glades High School are invited to a ‘Bootcamp’ event offering them the opportunity to tour the campus, learn about clubs, and meet administrators including new Principal Dr. Mark J. Kaplan.
Students in attendance can plan on lunch at 11 a.m. and are encouraged to get to know fellow peers new to Coral Glades, which touts a jaguar as its mascot. The event’s $25 fee covers PTSO membership, and an all but guaranteed school spirit shirt, if registration is completed on or before July 29th.
Administrators at Coral Glades are encouraging students to bring water and money for vending machines during the three-and-a-half-hour event, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Students should be dropped off in front of the school no later than 9 a.m.
Every student must present a photo ID to participate in the event. Parents are advised that, since this is not a regular school day, there will be no staff available to watch students when the event ends at 2 p.m.
Online registration for the Bootcamp is open through August 2, and can also be paid for in-person with cash by visiting the school, Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m until 2 p.m.
Like other freshman Bootcamps being held throughout Broward County, Coral Glades High School’s event for freshman and new students takes place on Tuesday, August 6th.
To access the registration form, click here; the fee and application may be submitted online or mailed to Coral Glades High School, marked to the attention of Caitlin Pein at Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coral Glades High School is located at 2700 Sportsplex Drive in Coral Springs.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical
- Events2021.07.17United Way of Broward County Hopes to Train 300 Volunteers for ‘ReadingPals’ Literacy Program