By Sharon Aron Baron
A two-vehicle collision on the Sawgrass Expressway near Sample Road resulted in injuries to both drivers on Wednesday.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, at approximately 3:12 p.m, a 2022 blue Nissan Sentra and a Ford Vintage model kit car heading southbound both attempted to enter the center lane simultaneously, causing a collision between the right rear side quarter panel of the Nissan and the front left wheel area of the Ford.
The impact caused the Nissan to veer back to the left lane while the Ford veered right, eventually colliding with a guardrail and flipping over onto its left side.
The driver of the Ford was partially ejected due to the convertible nature of the vehicle and was transported to HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital in Tamarac with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Nissan was transported to Broward Health North with life-threatening injuries.
FHP is conducting an investigation.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2023.03.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on March 29
- News2023.03.28Local Teen Selected to Attend Junior National Young Leaders Conference
- Crime & Safety2023.03.24Coral Springs Woman Receives 51-Month Sentence for Embezzlement and Fraudulent Loan Application
- Crime & Safety2023.03.22Father Charged with Child’s Fentanyl Death Faces Additional Drug Trafficking Charges with Accomplice