A second bank robbery took place on Friday and officials believe he is the same culprit who robbed another bank in Coral Springs the day before.
On October 2, at approximately 7:08 p.m. a man walked into the TD Bank branch at 4697 N State Rd 7 in Coral Springs, wearing a Miami cap and carrying a metal clipboard and demanded money from a bank employee. There were customers in the bank, however there were no injuries. Money was taken, but the amount will not be released at this time.
The FBI believes that he may be responsible for a bank robbery at a BB&T bank branch at 4695 N. University Drive on Thursday.
This is just another in a list of bank robberies in the area: On August 20, a man the FBI has dubbed the “Filter bandit” robbed a Suntrust Bank branch, and on July 28, a Chase Bank branch was robbed by a man wearing plastic gloves to conceal his fingerprints. Both were in Coral Springs. On January 5, two men entered the Mercantil Commercebank branch at Parkland Commons Shopping Center.
If anyone has information as to the identity of this bank robber, they are urged to call the FBI at 754-703-2000 or go to Crimestoppers.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- Events2019.08.20Earn Service Hours: Volunteers Needed to Help Beautify Coral Springs
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’