By: Sharon Aron Baron
Today, Broward County enacted Emergency Order 20-03 which urged Shelter in Place: Safer at Home Policy. In that order, municipalities are invited to regulate more strictly as they deem best.
According to the city, effective at 12:01 a.m. Friday, March 27, Coral Springs is enacting further protective measures in the community to help mitigate the spread of this virus.
According to the Florida Department of Health’s latest report, ten residents in the city have been positively tested with COVID-19.
This health crisis is impacting the community, the state, and the nation in unprecedented ways, as a response to its impact, the City of Coral Springs issued Emergency Order 20-12 “Safer at Home.”
“Safer at Home” requires residents to stay home and restricts the use of public rights-of-way, within the parameters outlined in the order.
This order furthers the city’s efforts to limit the potential for community spread of COVID-19 by implementing protective measures.
Residents are ordered to stay at home and visitors shall not enter Coral Springs unless they meet the necessary exceptions.
No person shall travel or be on any public right of way unless they have a permissible use.
Exceptions include, but are not limited to:
• Traveling to or from an essential business
• Seeking emergency assistance
• To or from work, for an essential business
• Outdoor recreational activities while practicing social distancing
• Traveling to a religious institution or place of worship
• Traveling to or from any place as a caregiver
Please review the complete Emergency Order for additional clarification.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20