By: Chris Brunner
Several organizations are bringing awareness of the atrocities that occurred during the Holocaust and want to make sure others never forget during their fourth annual Six Million Steps to Holocaust Awareness Walk in Coral Springs.
Held on Sunday, March 18, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., the goal is to bring the Broward County community together and heighten the awareness of the atrocities that occurred during the Holocaust by walking six million steps in the memory of the six million who perished in the Holocaust.
Along with Broward County, the event will take place simultaneously in Nesher, Israel. Donations collected will be donated to the Broward County March of the Living, a program where teens from around the world come together each year and bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland and then travel to Israel. This trip provides a hands-on experience to Holocaust education and liberation in Israel.
The Walk is hosted by Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek of Tamarac, Temple Beth Am of Margate, the Jewish Federation of Broward County, Orloff Central Agency for Jewish Education and The Jewish Agency for Israel.
Registration and payment can be made online at Six Million Steps to Holocaust Awareness 2018 or on the day of the event. The event is open to all residents and will be held at the Sportsplex Track at Coral Glades High School, 2700 Sportsplex Drive inCoral Springs.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed