Both Coral Glades and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Drama Departments will be having a benefit performance to showcase and raise money to take their One Act Performances to the State level at the Florida Thespian Festival at the end of March.
Both performances, which received Critics Choice at districts, will be shown in a special performance to the public on March 13 where the audience gets two shows for the price of one:
Standardized Testing The Musical – by Marjory Stoneman Douglas Drama
The dreaded high school tradition of standardized testing gets the musical treatment in this hilarious and touching story of eight compulsive teenagers. Over the course of one test, they manage to create and destroy friendships, learn to express their individuality, and sing and dance like maniacs. Progressing through the format of a test structure with a multiple choice portion consisting of solos, a fifteen minute break spoken in real time, and a free response section where songs build and overlap, the students expose their deepest concerns, aspirations, and sources of suburban teen angst.
The Roots of Red – by Coral Glades High School Drama
This original story was written by the students and staff at the Lovewell Institute for the Performing Arts in Davie, Florida. The Roots of Red takes an interesting position on the classic fairytale Little Red Riding Hood, “but there is more than meets the eye. Listen closely and you might find the truth that fate left behind.” After seeing this production you will see that which “been unsaid and you will find the Roots of Red.”
Both performances will be held on March 13, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School at 5901 Pine Island Road, Parkland FL 33076. Open to all Coral Springs and Parkland residents. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer