By: Chris Brunner
Local students have submitted artwork in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. for display in the Center for the Arts Lobby. The City’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee is hosting its annual MLK Art & Literary Exhibits where this year’s theme is “Celebrating 25 Years: A Symphony of Dreams.”
On display starting January 5 through January 19, 2015, entries will be judged and awards will be presented at a special Award Ceremony in the Coral Springs Museum of Art on January 15. The City thanks the North Broward County Chapter of The Links, Inc. for being a major supporter of the Art & Literary Exhibits this year.
“We invite our residents to stop by and see the creative works of our students,” Community Relations Manager Joyce Campos said.
“We are especially thankful for our continued partnership with the City of Coral Springs for programs that honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and also showcase the wonderful artwork of our students” said Earlene Striggles Horne, President of the North Broward County Chapter of The Links, Inc.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed