It only took a minute for an armed gunman to rob a woman’s money and sense of security and to leave her scarred for the rest of her life.
The frightening scene, clearly captured by the bank’s security camera, shows the victim finishing up a transaction at the ATM at the Wells Fargo bank located at 3885 N. Federal Highway in Pompano Beach, at around 10:15 p.m. July 30.
Marcia Brooks, 43 of Pompano Beach heard a car pull into the parking lot and noticed the car had parked nose to nose in front of her vehicle, blocking her in. As she stood trying to process what was happening, an armed man, wearing a leather jacket, ran up to her holding a gun to her head and forced her to make a withdrawal. The suspect grabbed the money and sped away in an older-model, red Chevrolet sedan with dark tinted windows.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies immediately responded with K-9 and the assistance of the Aviation Unit, but the suspect was not located.
The robber is described as a black male with short hair. He measures about 5’11” in height, weighs approximately 180 lbs. and was last seen wearing dark color shirt and shorts, a stocking over his face and beige gloves.
Anyone with information about this robbery or the identity of the suspect is asked to contact BSO Robbery Detective Steven Hoover at 954-321-4270 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.25Coral Springs Man Becomes a Millionaire After Routine Visit to Grocery Store
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis
- Events2021.02.23Girl Scout Cookie Sales Are Here: Coral Springs Locations February 26-28