By: Sharon Aron Baron
It was a big year for the Taste of Coral Springs, allowing the organization to donate more money than ever to local nonprofits.
Last February, over 800 people attended their Mardi Gras themed event complete live music, samplings of food, wine and craft beer. Proceeds benefitted children’s charities raising over $40,000.
“On behalf of the Taste Volunteer Committee and all of the charity volunteers, we want to say thank you so much for your support for this year’s event,” said Chairperson John Arnold.
Taste of Coral Springs recently presented checks to Junior Achievement of South Florida, YMCA of South Florida, Coral Springs Cadet Squadron, Civil Air Patrol and the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
Since it’s inception in 1996, the organization has raised over $455,000 to local children’s charities.
The 2018 Taste of Coral Springs will take place on Tuesday, February 27, 2018. Visit Taste of Coral Springs for event information.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup
- Crime & Safety2019.09.16Coral Springs Weekly Crime Update Through September 9
- News2019.09.16Coral Springs Resident Dies in Workplace Accident
- Crime & Safety2019.09.16Man Sentenced to Prison After Molesting Children at Coral Springs Gymnastics Studio