By Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Police Department is taking steps to promote safer roadways and ensure the safety of its citizens with its Teen Safe Driving campaign.
According to a statement from the department, beginning Friday, January 6, 2023, through September 30, 2023, officers from the Traffic Unit will be assigned to areas of concern with high frequencies of vehicle crashes.
These officers will educate drivers on aggressive driving behaviors and issue citations to those, not in compliance with state statutes.
The goal of this campaign is to reduce crashes and prevent injuries resulting from speeding and aggressive driving.
It is conducted in conjunction with the Florida Department of Transportation’s “Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow” campaign, which aims to raise awareness about the importance of safe driving.
The Coral Springs Police Department encourages all drivers, especially teens, to practice safe driving habits to help keep our roads safe for everyone.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.01.27TICKET ALERT: Orchid and Plant Festival Returns to the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2023.01.26Don’t Miss Out on the Chance to Shape your Child’s Future: School Choice Application Deadline Approaching
- Crime & Safety2023.01.26Multiple Units Respond to Fire at Coral Springs Construction Site
- Crime & Safety2023.01.24Coral Springs Man Arrested on Federal Charges for Distributing Fentanyl, Possession of Firearms