By Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs residents are encouraged to safely dispose of their personal documents at a free, touchless shredathon event on Saturday, January 21.
The event, hosted by the City of Coral Springs and the Coral Springs Police Department, takes place from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Sportsplex on 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
Identity theft is a growing concern, with personal paperwork containing accounts, PINs, and other forms of identification often falling into the wrong hands. To prevent this, city residents are invited to bring up to four file-size cardboard boxes or reusable bins per vehicle, as long as they are no larger than 15 x 12 x 10 inches. Plastic and garbage bags will not be accepted.
Participants must place their driver’s licenses on the front dashboard of their vehicle upon arrival. The event is first come, first serve, and once the maximum allotment has been reached, no additional paperwork will be accepted. No extra boxes will be accepted for donations.
The next shredathon in Coral Springs is scheduled for Saturday, May 06, 2023. In the meantime, residents are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to securely dispose of their personal documents and protect themselves from identity theft.
Residents must place their driver’s licenses on the front dashboard upon arrival at the event. The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs.
The next shredathon in Coral Springs is Saturday, May 06, 2023.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.01.27TICKET ALERT: Orchid and Plant Festival Returns to the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2023.01.26Don’t Miss Out on the Chance to Shape your Child’s Future: School Choice Application Deadline Approaching
- Crime & Safety2023.01.26Multiple Units Respond to Fire at Coral Springs Construction Site
- Crime & Safety2023.01.24Coral Springs Man Arrested on Federal Charges for Distributing Fentanyl, Possession of Firearms