The Stockdale Foundation, a Coral Springs-based IRS-certified 501(c)(3) is holding a fundraiser on May 17 in the Showroom of JM Lexus of Margate. The fundraiser is a Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament & Casino Night where they will have $25,000 in prizes for the final table participants in the Poker Tournament.
For those who choose not to participate in the Poker Tournament, they will have a Craps Table, a Roulette Wheel and 2 Backjack Tables. There will also be a number of raffle prizes and a silent auction.
The purpose of the foundation is to provide financial aid to current year high school seniors who plan to pursue their vocational or technical training after graduating. This includes police, firefighter and paramedic training. Cisco, Microsoft, Citrix certifications and training in the cosmetic & culinary arts in addition to the standard HVAC, Electrician, Plumber, Auto Mechanic, and Machine Operator jobs. That’s just small sampling of the types of careers they help our youth pursue.
Food will be provided by a number of local restaurants: Meyer’s Latin Flair, Tijuana Taxi, Marolas, Mythos Greek Taverna, and Melting Pot, as well as Deliver Lean. Beer, wine and mixed drinks will be available. Music will be provided Mr. Streets Productions.
For more information, please call 954-579-8957.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12