By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Center is the last resort for many dogs and cats who sadly have no where else to go due to either owners giving them up, or by the unfortunate luck of being lost without any identification.
Time is of the essence for these pets because even if they are wearing identification such as a registration tag or a microchip, the shelter is only required to hold lost pets for five days, excluding holidays. Lost pets without identification are only required to be held for only three days.
The County shelter, like the Humane Society euthanizes animals, so when you adopt one of the hundreds of dogs and cats from one of these places, you are truly saving a life.
The following are just a sampling I found off of their website that were lost in Coral Springs and Parkland. If you’d like to see more, please visit the shelter for a perfect match or just save one of these guys right here.
Information on Adopting:
Their list of dogs and cats includes both adoptable pets that are ready to go home immediately and lost pets waiting to be reunited with their owner.
They make it as easy as possible to get your new friend home. Here’s all you have to do:
- Come and meet your new best friend! (Need directions?)
- Complete an adoption application
- Bring a photo ID, such as a driver license, state-issued ID card or U.S. Passport
They Animal Care and Adoption Center is open for adoption Tuesday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Also, Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The center is closed on Monday.
Our standard adoption fee for all pets is $50. Your new pet will come complete with:
- Physical exam
- All necessary vaccinations
- Spaying or neutering
- Broward County Rabies Registration Tag
Animal Care and Adoption Center
1870 SW 39th Street
They are located on the southwest corner of Airport Perimeter Road. Get Directions.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation