By: Chris Brunner
Godfrey McAllister won the Table Topics impromptu speaking contest at the Toastmasters conference by answering the question “What would you do if you had no barriers to hold you back?”
McAllister won the District 47 competition held in Ft. Lauderdale for his ability to speak in response to a surprise prompt. His response? Recognize that there was never anything to hold you back in the first place.
Godfrey McAllister, Ph.D., is a member of Achievers Club Toastmasters in Coral Springs and works as a consultant on leadership, motivation, and conflict resolution. He was one of seven top speakers drawn from approximately 150 clubs representing more than 7,800 members in Toastmasters District 47. Each competitor had already won Table Topics contests at the club, area, and division levels.
The conference also featured a formal speech competition, known as the International Speech Contest, which was won by Donald Kelly of West Palm Beach. Kelly goes on to compete at the World Championship of Public Speaking at the Toastmasters International Convention in Washington, D.C.
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit professional education organization that promotes public speaking and leadership skills. More information at www.toastmasters.org.
To find out more about the Achievers Club Toastmasters in Coral Springs go to www.coralspringspublicspeaking.com.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed