By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Fire Department has earned a Class 1 Public Protection Classification rating by the Insurance Services Office, an organization that independently evaluates fire services across the country.
ISO collects information on municipal fire-protection efforts in communities throughout the United States. In each of those communities, ISO analyzes the relevant data using its Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS). The company then assigns a Public Protection Classification from 1 to 10. Class 1 represents superior property fire protection, and Class 10 indicates that the area’s fire- suppression program doesn’t meet ISO’s minimum criteria.
Out of the 48,632 rated organizations in the United States CSFD is now among only 178 that are rated as ISO CLASS 1. Out of the 600 rated organizations in Florida, they are among only 24 that are ISO CLASS 1.
“During the 45 year history of our fire department, this is one of the greatest accomplishments to date. This rating from ISO validates the amazing work that the fine the men and women of the Coral Springs Fire Department do every day and have been doing for many years,” said Fire Chief Frank Babinec. “This was a collaborative effort that included our water districts and our Nationally Accredited Communications Center.”
By classifying communities’ ability to suppress fires, ISO helps the communities evaluate their public fire-protection services. The program provides an objective, countrywide standard that helps fire departments in planning and budgeting for facilities, equipment, and training. And by securing lower fire insurance premiums for communities with better public protection, the PPC program provides incentives and rewards for communities that choose to improve their firefighting services.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch
- News2021.03.01First Church Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Saturday
- News2021.03.01Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution March 3