By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Town Hall Meeting that was previously scheduled regarding the potential upgrade and proposed relocation of the Charter School has been postponed according to the the City.
In their statement today they wrote, “City staff and Charter Schools USA continue to work together to ensure the long term stability and growth of the Charter School. Additional ideas include options to upgrade the school at its existing site, and/or the proposed relocation of the school. The additional time will allow all concerned to better address the evolving needs and plans of the City.”
The school has been in its current location on Sample and University since 1999, and the new location of the charter school is being proposed on what is currently a parking lot at the Center for the Arts. The plan calls for enrollment of grades 6-12 to go from 1,645 students in year one to 2,100 students by year five with parking that would accommodate 804 cars. Currently 501 spaces are available for the Performing Arts Center.
They said the City plans to revisit the issue prior to the end of the year, and will make sure the public is informed about any future meeting dates. Coral Springs Talk will keep you posted.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event