By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Town Hall Meeting that was previously scheduled regarding the potential upgrade and proposed relocation of the Charter School has been postponed according to the the City.
In their statement today they wrote, “City staff and Charter Schools USA continue to work together to ensure the long term stability and growth of the Charter School. Additional ideas include options to upgrade the school at its existing site, and/or the proposed relocation of the school. The additional time will allow all concerned to better address the evolving needs and plans of the City.”
The school has been in its current location on Sample and University since 1999, and the new location of the charter school is being proposed on what is currently a parking lot at the Center for the Arts. The plan calls for enrollment of grades 6-12 to go from 1,645 students in year one to 2,100 students by year five with parking that would accommodate 804 cars. Currently 501 spaces are available for the Performing Arts Center.
They said the City plans to revisit the issue prior to the end of the year, and will make sure the public is informed about any future meeting dates. Coral Springs Talk will keep you posted.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway