By: Sharon Aron Baron
A leading international manufacturer will create 420 jobs and set a new standard for innovation and excellence by opening a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Coral Springs.
Hoerbiger Corporation of America and supplier of compression valve systems for the natural gas industry worldwide will consolidate its Pompano, Deerfield Beach and Texas plants in Coral Springs by the end of the year.
According to the Sun Sentinel, under the incentive package, Coral Springs will contribute $425,000 in cash over five years. In April, Broward County approved $174,000 in cash and $252,000 in local support to the state’s $1.008 million tied to job creation in a targeted industry. The package also includes a $2.7 million capital investment credit and $1.8 million training grant. Gov. Rick Scott has offered $1.5 million from his discretionary Quick Action Closing Fund used to close deals, according to the county.
Coral Springs’ positive business climate and quality of life for its residents are encouraging companies like Hoerbiger to locate here.
“Hoerbiger will be a critical driver of the further diversification of our economy. As a City, we must continue to attract businesses like Hoerbiger that focus on continuous innovation and expand our global reach. We thank them for their investment in Coral Springs and look forward to watching them prosper,” said Mayor Skip Campbell.
Their decision to stay in Florida will transform Coral Springs economy by creating jobs and generating economic activity. The expansion and consolidation is thanks to Corals Springs’ business friendly climate, along with the high-skilled workforce.
“Having produced compressor components in the United States for over 50 years, we know that the strength of the workforce make South Florida the right place for our newest facility,” said Don York, President of Hoerbiger.
Photos by Jim Donnelly
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.22Effective Immediately Coral Springs COVID-19 Vaccine Site to Requires Proof of Florida Residency
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum