By Sharon Aron Baron
Ten students, including one from Coral Springs, will have a little less financial stress heading into college thanks to a $1,000 scholarship from Tropical Financial Credit Union.
This is the seventh year for the program created to help local students further their education. Some of the scholarship winners are currently attending college, while others are about to start college after just graduating high school.
Rich Helber, president and CEO said with so many uncertainties right now, they felt it was important to maintain their tradition of giving out scholarships.
“Whether these bright students end up taking their fall classes virtually or on campus, this will lessen the cost burden of higher education while helping them prepare and learn to become financially independent.”
This year’s recipients are:
Claudia Reconco, from Coral Springs, currently attending Miami-Dade Medical Campus.
Ashley Aguiar, from Hialeah, currently attending Florida International University. This is the third year Ashley has received a scholarship.
Arike Coker, from Miami, will attend the University of California.
Taysha Hogarth, from Miramar, will attend the University of Florida.
Jenna Huben, from Coconut Creek, is currently attending the University of Florida.
Cassandra Lawson, from Weston, will attend Babson College.
Ashley Martin, from Miami, will attend Miami-Dade College.
Jalin Morris, from Miami Gardens, will attend Bethune-Cookman University.
Kimberly Slinkosky, from Cooper City, will attend the University of Florida.
Isabella Stanfield, from Miami, will attend the University of Florida.
All of the applicants were required to submit an essay highlighting their personal and educational objectives and how Tropical Financial has, or could, help them reach financial goals. Other factors considered: scholastic achievement, community involvement, charity work, and extracurricular activities.
Tropical Financial Credit Union has a branch located at 8947 W Atlantic Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33071.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs