By Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Vice Mayor Joy Carter was appointed to serve on the Florida League of Cities 2020-2021 Land Use and Economic, legislative policy committee.
Founded in 1922, Florida League of Cities promotes local self-government and serve the needs of Florida’s cities, which are formed and governed by their citizens.
“It’s an honor and privilege to serve as a legislative policy committee member,” said Vice Mayor Carter. “As a dedicated public servant, I look forward to discussing with the committee the many issues facing our cities and deciding on a policy direction for the Florida League of Cities legislative efforts.”
As a legislative policy committee member, Vice Mayor Carter will help to develop the FLC Legislative Action Agenda, which details priority issues that are most likely to affect daily municipal governance and local decision-making during the upcoming legislative session, as well as help FLC staff understand the real-world implications of proposed legislation. They are also asked to serve as advocates throughout the legislative process.
Legislative policy committee chairs, vice-chairs, and members are appointed annually by the league’s president. Florida League of Cities President Tony Ortiz, commissioner for the City of Orlando, made the appointments for this term.
For a complete list of committee members and more information on each committee and the League’s legislative policy development process, visit flcities.com.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest