By Sharon Aron Baron
Our readers aren’t shy about expressing their opinions, so the City of Coral Springs is seeking their input on allocating funds with the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) program.
Congress passed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), establishing the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund. Over the next two years, the City of Coral Springs is projected to receive $20 million in funding.
Since the signing of ARPA, the City of Coral Springs has been focused on planning and determining city initiatives that meet the requirements for the ARPA program.
All federal funds through ARPA must adhere to legislation, which permits specific uses for funding, which includes:
- Responding to the public health emergency or its negative economic impacts, including assistance to households, small businesses, and nonprofits, or aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality;
- Responding workers performing essential work during the COVID-19 public health emergency by providing premium pay to eligible workers;
- The provision of government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency relative to revenues collected in the most recent full fiscal year before the emergency; and
- Making necessary investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.
Residents and businesses can provide feedback by completing the survey here.
All residents and businesses are invited to attend a community forum to discuss ARPA at City Hall located at 9500 West Sample Road on Monday, January 24, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste Dec. 4
- Events2021.11.28TICKET ALERT: 6th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival at the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive
- Events2021.11.23Save 25 Percent Off Shows: Cyber Monday Shopping Starts Early at the Center for the Arts