By: Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are investigating the death of a woman who was struck by lightning in Parkland, injuring two others.
At 2:10 p.m. on Wednesday, Maria Pascual, 53, of Lake Worth, was working in the fields of C.W. Hendrix Farms at 12210 Loxahatchee Road when she was fatally struck by lightning. A man and woman who were working near Pascual sustained lightning-related injuries.
Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue responded and transported the man to Broward Health North. His injuries are described as serious. The injured woman showed up at JFK Medical Center with not life-threatening injuries. Detectives are temporarily withholding their names.
Pascual was taken to Coral Springs Medical Center by Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue who pronounced her dead.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration