By: Chris Brunner:
A 16 year-old Coral Springs resident was killed late last night while riding his bicycle across the intersection of Wiles Road and Rock Island Road.
On Saturday, November 29, 2014, at approximately 11:43 pm, a 2008 Ford truck was traveling westbound on Wiles Road in the right hand lane and a bicyclist was traveling northbound across Wiles Road on Rock Island RoadThe driver of the Ford truck had a flashing yellow light and the bicyclist had a flashing red light.
The police were dispatched and identified the driver as Matthew Hoyt, 20, of Pompano Beach, and the bicyclist as James Fuller, 16, of Coral Springs. Fuller was pronounced dead on scene. Hoyt was not injured in the accident.
This is an ongoing investigation, no charges have been filed at this time.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police