By: Chris Brunner:
A 16 year-old Coral Springs resident was killed late last night while riding his bicycle across the intersection of Wiles Road and Rock Island Road.
On Saturday, November 29, 2014, at approximately 11:43 pm, a 2008 Ford truck was traveling westbound on Wiles Road in the right hand lane and a bicyclist was traveling northbound across Wiles Road on Rock Island RoadThe driver of the Ford truck had a flashing yellow light and the bicyclist had a flashing red light.
The police were dispatched and identified the driver as Matthew Hoyt, 20, of Pompano Beach, and the bicyclist as James Fuller, 16, of Coral Springs. Fuller was pronounced dead on scene. Hoyt was not injured in the accident.
This is an ongoing investigation, no charges have been filed at this time.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1