By Sharon Aron Baron
After a meeting on Saturday, the executive committee for the Coral Springs Festival of the Arts decided they will once again reschedule the annual event for the safety of all residents.
After canceling the 2020 event due to the onset of COVID, last fall, the organizing committee believed a vaccine would be available by year-end and planned a March 2021 date.
Preparation for the Festival is essential since it takes several months and hundreds of volunteer hours to organize.
However, over the last week, the committee has been speaking with Howard Alan Events and City of Coral Springs officials to review and discuss the viability of holding the event in March. All parties agreed that public safety is a top priority.
According to the executive committee, with Covid numbers and deaths increasing, new variants of the virus emerging, and the vaccination process only just beginning, having a large-scale event in March is not in the interest of public safety.
Gil Sternbach, sponsorship chair of the organizing committee, said, “It is the committee’s sincere hope that public health conditions will have improved sufficiently over the next 14 months to permit public cultural and entertainment events to resume normal operations.”
On Tuesday, they announced that the 16th annual Coral Springs Festival of the Arts would be rescheduled for March 19-20, 2022.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show