By Sharon Aron Baron
Caregivers at Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital hosted a very special surprise birthday party.
Claudia Medeus, 19, of Coral Springs is receiving treatment at the children’s hospital for Rhabdomyosarcoma — a rare cancer that forms in the tissue.
When she realized what was happening, she said: “Aww, you’re going to make me cry.”
Michelle Saldivar, clinic supervisor said they promote a family feeling in the clinic so that each day for their patients is less of a struggle.
“Celebrating her helps the healing process. We strive to put smiles and give joy to our patients as much as we can,” she said.
Medeus hopes she is well enough to attend college in Tallahassee this fall.
Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital is part of Broward Health Medical Center is located in Fort Lauderdale.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.12.03Home-Based Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for CARES Act
- News2020.12.02Amazing 1965 Photograph of the Covered Bridge in Coral Springs Uncovered
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science