By: Jen Russon
Coral Springs resident Marc Schechter is offering a $5,000 reward for the identity of the man who tried to burn down his childhood home.
On February 20, Schechter’s parents were asleep inside the home on the 1200 block of NW 113 Terrace when their Ring camera captured a man with a gas can walk up the driveway and start a small fire near the garage.
“We desperately need your help in identifying this young man who tried to burn down my 70-year-old parents’ house,” said Schechter.
The video shows a man with a large tattoo covering his left forearm. He is wearing sneakers that appear purple, white or black, and has a razor-cut hairstyle.
The Ring video also shows he might have arrived at the scene and left it in one of two vehicles: either a white sedan or black SUV.
“I believe someone is targeting elderly people and that the fire started at my parents’ house might be related to another crime in the area,” said Schechter.
He was referring to vandalism done about three weeks ago to windows on a Coral Springs residence.
In that incident, Schechter said security video captured two vehicles similar to those seen at his parents’ home in Cypress Run.
“My parents have barely left their home for a year because of COVID. Who would do something like this? Please help me make this video go viral,” he said.
The first person to confirm his identity gets the $5,000 reward. They may remain anonymous and can text information to 786-676-4401 or email REWARD222@yahoo.com.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.11.26Applications for School Choice to Open December 1
- News2021.11.23The Broward Health Coral Springs ‘Medical Staff Scholarship’ Now Accepting Applications
- Events2021.11.18Three 10th Graders from J.P. Taravella Make All-State Honors Concert Band
- Eat2021.11.183rd Time Really is a Charm for Big Mike’s Bakery and Cafe