By: Matt Rothman
Succeeding in both the classroom and on the field, Coral Springs High School has named seven deserving scholar-athletes.
Students include Alexandra Albertson, Kayla Burns, Taylor Stewart, Ariana Negron, Katherine Cova, Julia Fendell, and Michael McFarlin.
Cheerleading: Alexandra Albertson
A member of the CSHS cheerleading team, Albertson helped the Colts win Districts and place third in Regionals and compete in the State Competition at the University of Florida. She has a GPA of 5.21 and accumulated 183 service hours.
Girls Volleyball: Kayla Burns and Taylor Stewart
Head Coach of the CSHS girls volleyball team Frank Bumbales athletes Kayla Burns and Taylor Stewart. Burns recorded 14 kills in 14 sets and had a GPA of 5.19 with 529 service hours. Stewart recorded ten digs, three assists, two digs. She’s completed 500 service hours and has a GPA of 5.09.
Girls Soccer: Ariana Negron and Katherine Cova
Ariana Negron and Katherine Cova were both players on the varsity soccer team and led the Colts to an 8-7-3 this season. Negron had a 5.23 GPA and 769 service hours, while Cova has a 4.66 GPA and earned 136 service hours.
Track and Field: Julia Fendell
Julia Fendell is currently competing for the CSHS track and field team runs long distances in the 800, 1600, and 3200 meters and the 5K. Her GPA is 5.21, and she’s earned 369 service hours.
Football: Michael McFarlin
Michael McFarlin competed for the Colts’ football team and helped defeat North Broward Prep, West Boca Raton, and J.P. Taravella. He has a GPA of 5.16 and earned 314 service hours.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.24Coral Springs High School Football Wins Spring Game
- News2022.05.23Godfrey Records Walk-Off Hit to Win Regionals For CSC in Final Home At-Bat
- News2022.05.21State Champs! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd Consecutive Year
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game