By: Chris Brunner:
The City of Coral Springs will be offering a full slate of tennis programs for the winter season beginning the week of January 4 and running through January 30, 2016. The comprehensive program, conducted at Cypress Park and the Tennis Center at the Sportsplex, includes various programming for children and adults of all ages and ability levels. Classes are held both weekdays after school and on Saturdays, and there are no classes during holidays.
The Junior Program will offer group lessons (4-week sessions) starting with USPTA Little Tennis (4-6 year old) continuing thru the Junior Tennis Academy for the more advanced students. Entry into the Junior Academy program requires an evaluation. Beginner students are placed in classes according to age (7-10 or 11-14), while all other students are placed according to ability level. The program for children under 10 years old utilizes the softer tennis balls and shorter rackets, also known as the Quickstart program, to help them achieve success more quickly. Advance registration is required, as many classes will fill up quickly. Information regarding days and times of classes can be seen at www.CoralSprings.org/tennis or www.Facebook.com/coralspringstennis.
The Adult Tennis program will include group lessons for all ability levels, as well as private lessons by appointment. There are also drill classes on Monday mornings from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The program also includes league play for men and women, both daytime and nights. There will also be various social Round-Robins and Friday Night Mixed Doubles tennis.
All tennis instruction is provided by USPTA Certified Professionals. New sessions begin every 5 weeks, except during Winter and Spring breaks. For more detailed information regarding any of the tennis programs, please call 954-344-1840.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed