By: Sharon Aron Baron
No photography experience is needed to participate in Big Picture: Resilience photojournalism workshops for residents of Coral Springs and Parkland.
Led by award-winning photo journalist Carl Juste along with C.W. Griffith and André Chung, this multi-part workshop is for 15 participants to explore the use of photojournalism as a form of self-expression and community engagement, exploring ideas around healing, resiliency, bearing witness and capturing history.
Participants will create their own images and tell their own stories that will become part of a catalog and a public presentation. The workshop will take place in four two-hour sessions during the summer of 2019; participants must commit to attending all four sessions.
As part of the project, Juste, C.W. Griffin and André Chung, will also capture images and stories of the community focusing on documenting the resiliency and healing through the eyes and stories of five of the workshop participants.
These workshops are all part of the two cities’ Bloomberg Public Art Challenge program “The Power of Art: Inspiring Community Healing after Gun Violence.”
Big Picture: Resilience is one of five hands-on art projects, with the goal of providing opportunities and outlets for healing and social cohesion. To apply, fill out an application here. Power of Art: The Big Picture. This opportunity is open to all residents of Parkland or Coral Springs, ages 16 and older. Applications are due by May 28, 2019.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.11Coral Springs Center for the Arts Offers 6 Memorable Shows and Comedy
- News2019.11.11Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through November 5
- News2019.11.1012 Coral Springs Residents Achieve Girl Scout Silver Award
- News2019.11.08Police Arrest Suspect Wanted for Murdering Coral Springs Husband and Father