By Sharon Aron Baron
The threat that triggered a Code Red for Westglades Middle School and a Code Yellow for Marjory Stoneman Douglas has now been cleared.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, they investigated a suspicious call that came into 911 regarding Westglades Middle School in Parkland. BSO deputies responded to the scene and investigated. The threat was unfounded. An all-clear has been given.
On Friday, parents received a phone call from their respective schools, including those in the surrounding areas. Coral Springs Talk broke the news online for those who did not get the calls.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest