By: Sharon Aron Baron
Leading figurative painter Steven Assael, who is considered by many to be a modern master, will be teaching a master class this month at the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
The five day figurative oil painting workshop quickly sold out, however, a one day demo class limited to 30 participants is still available on February 24, for $225 per seat.
“The Coral Springs Museum of Art is proud to welcome Steven Assael, an artist of such high caliber to our city,” said Museum Executive Director Julia Andrews. “This sold out workshop demonstrates the artistic talent that resides in our community.”
Born in 1957 in New York, Assael showed an enthusiasm for art at a young age, taking art classes at the Museum of Modern Art at the age of four. He attended Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and currently teaches at the School of Visual Arts in New York and at The New York Academy of Art. He is recognized nationally as one of the leading representational figurative artists of his generation who works strictly from live models.
For more information, contact the Coral Springs Museum of Art located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive Coral Springs, FL 33065
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime