By: Sharon Aron Baron
Oktoberfest in Coral Springs will “beer” a fantastic event combining German culture and art.
Held Saturday, October 16, on the great lawn of City Hall in Downtown Coral Springs, Oktoberfest features authentic German fare, entertainment, beer, wine, and Bavarian treats.
The German beer festival celebrates Bavarian history, created in 1810 in honor of Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Theresa von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
A family-friendly event, Oktoberfest is from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. For the kids, there will be activities and a game area with special guest Rapunzel.
The Swinging Bavarians will perform traditional songs throughout the evening that will have the whole family dancing. Hungry festival attendees can look forward to a typical Bavarian fare, including all the favorites, like bratwurst and potato pancakes.
Of course, there will be a beer garden serving up a variety of Bavarian beers and German wines.
Don’t miss these contests, where residents must sign up at the city tent 30 minutes before it begins.
- 5 p.m. – Spelling Bee
- 7 p.m. – Stein Race (21+)
- 8 p.m. – Yodeling
- 9 p.m. – Stein Holding (21+)
Parking is free at the City Hall garage, located at 9500 West Sample Road.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste Dec. 4
- Events2021.11.28TICKET ALERT: 6th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival at the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive
- Events2021.11.23Save 25 Percent Off Shows: Cyber Monday Shopping Starts Early at the Center for the Arts