By: Matt Rothman
Boccagno played five seasons on the CSC softball from seventh grade to 12th grade, where she won three State Championships.
She had ten career home runs in high school and already has more in college with her 11 home run in two seasons.
Her home run on Saturday came with Boston College up 2-0 and expanded the lead to six in what turned out to be the team’s ninth win of the season.
She joins both Shannon Doherty and Amanda Flynn as former alumni CSC to hit home runs this season. For Boccagno, she hopes to make it to the NCAA Tournament for the first time. Her team went 30-23 in her freshman season, losing in the SCC Championship and then went 18-35 last season.
Up next, her team will travel to the University of Louisville for the start of a three-game series beginning on Friday, at 4. p.m.
— BC Softball (@BC_Softball) March 7, 2020
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.09.08Gavin Conticello: Coral Springs Charter School’s Sensational Senior
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball