By: Matt Rothman
Boccagno played five seasons on the CSC softball from seventh grade to 12th grade, where she won three State Championships.
She had ten career home runs in high school and already has more in college with her 11 home run in two seasons.
Her home run on Saturday came with Boston College up 2-0 and expanded the lead to six in what turned out to be the team’s ninth win of the season.
She joins both Shannon Doherty and Amanda Flynn as former alumni CSC to hit home runs this season. For Boccagno, she hopes to make it to the NCAA Tournament for the first time. Her team went 30-23 in her freshman season, losing in the SCC Championship and then went 18-35 last season.
Up next, her team will travel to the University of Louisville for the start of a three-game series beginning on Friday, at 4. p.m.
— BC Softball (@BC_Softball) March 7, 2020
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.172 Freshmen on Coral Springs Charter Baseball Team Throw Combined No-Hitter
- News2021.04.16Andre Barnes 10th Coral Glades Athlete to Commit to College this Year
- News2021.04.16Alex Bruno Makes History for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.04.165 Coral Springs Charter Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College