By: Matt Rothman
Former three-time state champion with the Coral Springs Charter softball team, Amanda Flynn hit her first collegiate home run in University South Alabama’s 3-2 (9) win over FAU.
Flynn played four seasons on the CSC softball team and hit .423 in high school. She only had four career home runs but drove in 80 runs in her career.
Flynn is having her best season in college this season, where she leads the team with a .351 batting average after only starting to games in her first two seasons.
She had the opportunity to face former teammate, Sara Berthiaume, on Sunday against FAU, who is also hitting .400 in her freshman year with the Owls.
It hasn’t been the season South Alabama would have hoped for, as they have won six of their first 21 games, but Flynn has done everything she can to keep her team competitive.
They also are a few weeks off of conference play, where a championship provides an automatic birth into the NCAA Tournament.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.23Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Honored on Senior Night of Football Game
- News2021.10.23Coral Springs Charter Football Game Ends in Tie Due to Lack of Lighting
- News2021.10.23Coral Glades Football Silences Critics With Important Win Friday Night
- News2021.10.22Coral Springs Charter Girls Swim Team Shines At BCAA Championship