By: Sharon Aron Baron
Students, parents and families are invited to attend Broward County Public Schools fourth annual College Fair where representatives from more than 125 national and international, public, private, two-year and four-year colleges and universities; technical schools; and all branches of the U.S. military will be in attendance.
Attending the College Fair provides an excellent opportunity to explore post-secondary options and learn about financial aid and admission requirements.
College Fair participants can attend workshops and information sessions on college and career planning, navigating the college admissions process and finding money for college. A counseling and resource center provides students and parents with personalized assistance and information on the SAT, ACT, Bright Futures Scholarships and more.
Financial aid advisors will also provide assistance to 12 grade students and their families on completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to access federal grants, loans and work-study opportunities. Admissions representatives and high school counselors, advisors and staff will be on site to provide information and answer questions. Students with special needs can learn about programs and services at colleges and universities for students with disabilities. Interpreters will be available. For a listing of colleges go to BCPS College Fair.
Coral Springs residents encouraged to attend. The College Fair is free and open to the public. No registration required and parking is available.The event is held on Monday, October 22, 2018, from 6 – 8:30 p.m., at Nova Southeastern University, Rick Case Arena, Don Taft University Center, 3301 College Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation