By: Sharon Aron Baron
UPDATE: The City of Coral Springs announced on Sunday that All Waste Pro Collection has been suspended until further notice.
The National Weather Service has placed all of Broward County under a Tropical Storm Watch at 5 a.m. Sunday.
A Tropical Storm Watch is issued when a tropical cyclone containing winds of 39-73 miles per hour or higher poses a possible threat, generally within 48 hours.
These winds may be accompanied by storm surge, coastal flooding and/or river flooding. A watch does not mean that tropical storm conditions will occur; it only means that these conditions are possible. Palm Beach County and points north are currently under a Tropical Storm Warning, which is issued when sustained winds of 39-73 miles per hour or higher are expected in 36 hours or less.
Broward’s Emergency Operations Center is now open 24 hours a day in response to Hurricane Dorian, until further notice. The 311 Emergency Hotline opened at 7 a.m. today and will remain open 24 hours until further notice.
Hurricane Dorian is now a Category 5 storm and slowed down considerably over the Bahamas. It is expected to slow down even more before it makes the “turn,” which could be on Tuesday. The timing of the turn can impact the arrival and severity of winds for Broward County.
In Coral Springs:
The waste transfer station is open Sunday until 5 p.m. it is closed Monday. Waste Pro is not collecting trash Sunday.
Waste Pro will provide normal trash collection on Monday starting at 7 a.m., if the weather deteriorates, they will cease operations and residents should bring carts indoors. If your normal trash collection was Saturday and not completed, please bring your cart indoors until your next collection day.
Coral Springs Call Center 954-344-1001
Broward Hurricane Hotline 954-831-4000
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch
- News2021.03.01First Church Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Saturday
- News2021.03.01Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution March 3