By Jill Fox
After 29 years working at Broward Health, Julia Paugh’s job as a nurse quality management specialist never compared to her role as “Mimi” to her seven grandchildren.
Make that eight.
Layla Jane was born on August 13 at Broward Health Coral Springs — where Paugh’s other grandchildren were delivered.
As far as why her children continue to choose Broward Health Coral Springs to give birth, a lot has to do with their physicians and where each one delivers. Her daughters-in-law could have selected other hospitals, and consistently chose this one.
It also doesn’t hurt that they get to utilize the brand new state-of-the-art mother-baby facility, which opened in 2018.
After spending 20 years at Broward Health Imperial Point, Paugh moved to Coral Springs in 2010. In her current position, she reviews the care of all the patients and makes sure everyone is doing the right thing at the right time.
After being raised in Coral Springs, and graduating from American Heritage School in Plantation, Paugh is happy that her two children chose to raise their families close by. Her son, Jason and his wife Michelle live in Margate with their son and three daughters, and her son, Jimmy and his wife, Lisa, live in Coconut Creek with their three boys — and are thrilled to finally welcome their first little girl.
Paugh, whose oldest grandchild is nine, said she feels lucky they live so close and that she gets to see her grandchildren all the time. A resident of Coral Springs for 30 years. She lives with her husband Jim in Ramblewood.
Although there aren’t any specific perks for hospital employees, Paugh said her presence, as well as her knowing the physicians and the nurses, made for more of a homey atmosphere.
“And I got to share the birth of my grandchildren with a lot of my friends there.”
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.27Local Family Raises $7,000 Selling Watermelon for a Great Cause
- Events2021.07.26Former Coral Springs Softball Player Forms New Girls’ 12U Team
- Events2021.07.25Jewish Culture Organization Opens Headquarters In Coral Springs
- Events2021.06.28Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels