By Jill Fox
After 29 years working at Broward Health, Julia Paugh’s job as a nurse quality management specialist never compared to her role as “Mimi” to her seven grandchildren.
Make that eight.
Layla Jane was born on August 13 at Broward Health Coral Springs — where Paugh’s other grandchildren were delivered.
As far as why her children continue to choose Broward Health Coral Springs to give birth, a lot has to do with their physicians and where each one delivers. Her daughters-in-law could have selected other hospitals, and consistently chose this one.
It also doesn’t hurt that they get to utilize the brand new state-of-the-art mother-baby facility, which opened in 2018.
After spending 20 years at Broward Health Imperial Point, Paugh moved to Coral Springs in 2010. In her current position, she reviews the care of all the patients and makes sure everyone is doing the right thing at the right time.
After being raised in Coral Springs, and graduating from American Heritage School in Plantation, Paugh is happy that her two children chose to raise their families close by. Her son, Jason and his wife Michelle live in Margate with their son and three daughters, and her son, Jimmy and his wife, Lisa, live in Coconut Creek with their three boys — and are thrilled to finally welcome their first little girl.
Paugh, whose oldest grandchild is nine, said she feels lucky they live so close and that she gets to see her grandchildren all the time. A resident of Coral Springs for 30 years. She lives with her husband Jim in Ramblewood.
Although there aren’t any specific perks for hospital employees, Paugh said her presence, as well as her knowing the physicians and the nurses, made for more of a homey atmosphere.
“And I got to share the birth of my grandchildren with a lot of my friends there.”
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.09.1713 Coral Springs Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- News2020.09.15Donate Your Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.09.03Paragon Theaters in Coral Springs Now Open: Health and Safety a Top Priority
- News2020.08.21New Emergency Order Modifies Restaurant Closing Hours