By Sharon Aron Baron
Applications are now open for high school seniors to apply for The Broward League of Cities 2020 scholarships.
The League will be awarding four $1,000 scholarships to outstanding students from around the County who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or another government-related field. Applicants must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
Students need to act quickly because applications and essays are due on Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
If the student is selected as a finalist, they must be available for an interview on April 4. If they become a scholarship recipient, the student will be invited to be recognized during an awards ceremony at the Broward League of Cities General Membership Meeting and dinner on Thursday, April 16, 2020.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must Be a 2020 graduating senior in a Broward County high school, and a permanent resident of Broward County, be pursuing a major in public administration, political science, or a government-related field at any accredited college or university in the United States; and have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale), verified by a school transcript.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.02.25Official Winners of 3rd Annual ‘Innovate Downtown’ Announced
- Events2020.02.25Annual Relay For Life Wants Participants to Imagine a World Without Cancer
- News2020.02.24Westchester Elementary School Presents their Kindergarten Round-up
- News2020.02.23Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber Brings Back the Roaring 20s During Annual Gala