By Sharon Aron Baron
Applications are now open for high school seniors to apply for The Broward League of Cities 2020 scholarships.
The League will be awarding four $1,000 scholarships to outstanding students from around the County who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or another government-related field. Applicants must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
Students need to act quickly because applications and essays are due on Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
If the student is selected as a finalist, they must be available for an interview on April 4. If they become a scholarship recipient, the student will be invited to be recognized during an awards ceremony at the Broward League of Cities General Membership Meeting and dinner on Thursday, April 16, 2020.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must Be a 2020 graduating senior in a Broward County high school, and a permanent resident of Broward County, be pursuing a major in public administration, political science, or a government-related field at any accredited college or university in the United States; and have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale), verified by a school transcript.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Broward Health Coral Springs Names Kristen Z. Bowman as New CEO
- EventsDecember 6, 2023Kevin Hart Adds Second Show at Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- EventsDecember 5, 2023Coral Springs Ushers in Holiday Season with Upcoming Market and Parade