By: Sharon Aron Baron:
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Public Corruption Unit has arrested a BSO detention deputy for repeatedly stealing items from a Coral Springs Walmart.
Theodore Parrish, 51, who has worked for BSO since March 2000, was charged with misdemeanor petit theft. Detectives say on five days in November and December, he stole miscellaneous merchandise totalling $176.14.
In each of those five incidents at the Walmart located at 6001 Coral Ridge Drive, Parrish went through the self-checkout lane to pay for his items. He scanned and paid for some while intentionally placing others directly in a Walmart bag without scanning them.
Walmart notified BSO detectives of the thefts on Dec. 10, when BSO’s Public Corruption Unit began its investigation. Parrish turned himself in to detectives Tuesday afternoon at Ron Cochran Public Safety Building.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event