By: Chris Brunner
Bring your family and friends to WorldFest at the Sportsplex and experience the diverse cultures that make up the City of Coral Springs.
Held Sunday, April 2, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., this event will have ethnic foods, live entertainment, arts and crafts and fun activities for children. Come and enjoy non-stop stage entertainment, experience the excitement of Culture Village, while keeping the kids busy at Kid’s World – which offers a multitude of activities for the young ones, including a Puppet Show at 1 p.m. and a Character Show at 3 p.m. There will also be a Cooking Demonstration where you can sample delicious ethnic food items.
Anyone interested in promoting their country or culture may participate in our Culture Village. A complimentary 10 x 10 booth space will be offered for two cultures to share. Multi-cultural clubs from our local schools are encouraged to get involved in Culture Village or by being greeters at the event entrance. Students will receive service hours for participating. There is still time for community groups or individuals to offer their talent to entertain on stage or be a vendor for Food or Arts & Crafts. Contact 954-344-1063.
Admission to the event is free. Parking is $3 and helps fund the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol. Nominal fees will be charged for the food and rides/amusements.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed