Holiday Menorah Parade Video by Nechama Gutman
By Agrippina Fadel
Chabad of Coral Springs has been crucial in the community this year, especially with their ongoing food distributions during the COID-19 pandemic. As Chanukah approaches, they have planned ways to hold safe celebrations for all.
Residents to participate in the Menorah Car Parade — a popular event that typically attracts 50 vehicles or more.
Held on Wednesday, December 1, the Menorah Parade leaves Chabad of Coral Springs at 6.15 pm, driving through the city till 7 pm, followed by a Grand Menorah lighting and barbeque back at Chabad. All participants must register and have a car menorah to participate.
Chaya Mushka Yaras, Chabad co-director, said the parade is a beautiful event.
“We are celebrating Jewish pride and our freedom of religion,” said Yaras. The message that Chabad constantly promotes is the celebration of light over darkness, and that is really what it comes down to and what motivates us.”
She added the procession would be led by a box truck projecting pictures of the community lighting the menorahs.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master’s in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.05.15Coral Springs Author Hopes Book Helps Kids Deal With Grief After Losing Pets
- Eat2022.05.14New Restaurant Alert: Playa Bowls Offer a Healthy Alternative to Fast Food
- Events2022.05.14‘Stop the Bleed’ Event in Coral Springs Teaches Residents How to Save Lives
- Events2022.05.12TICKET ALERT: Sex And The City Parody Musical Comes to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts